The PCC have posted Policies, including Policies for (1) Privacy and (2) Safeguarding. If you would like to see all of our policies, please contact a Church Warden or the Administrator. Many thanks.
The Law is changing and it requires us to be transparent about how people’s personal data is being used. As a church we use your personal data in a number of ways.
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Chatteris Parish Church collects and uses your personal data.
PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data is information about a living individual which is capable of identifying that individual. It might include information such as title, name, and address, date of birth, email and telephone number.
OUR PROMISE We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring that the personal data you have entrusted us with is kept safe and processed only for the purposes declared. We will always treat any sensitive personal data with the greatest of care. We will never share your data with third parties outside of the parish without your explicit consent unless we are legally required to do so
WHAT WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
We collect your personal data for various reasons at various times and may be used for any of the following:
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Chatteris Parish Church;
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the Parish;
- To provide necessary pastoral care if you are seeking assistance as required;
- To administer membership and attendance records according to our Safeguarding Policy;
- To maintain parish registers for the Church of England; such as baptisms, weddings, and funerals;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Chatteris Parish;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our accounts and finances, including the processing of gift aid applications;
YOUR RIGHTS Unless there is a greater legal duty, you have the following rights
- To request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- To request that any incorrect data is corrected.
- To request that any data is deleted where it is no longer necessary to keep such data.
- To object to your data being used, and ask us to stop.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
THE LAW We can only process your data if we have a legal basis for doing so, and we do.
- As a not-for-profit religious organisation we can process personal data for the purposes specified providing you are a member, previous member or have regular contact; and that we do not disclose your information to any third party without your consent.
- It is deemed a legitimate activity to process your data in order to continue to be an active Christian presence, supporting you and the local community in this place.
- It is necessary to process your data in order to provide you with a service and ongoing support. For example as a result of baptism, wedding or funeral ministry
- We have a legal duty to process data as an employer and as a church reliant on volunteers.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is required, after which time, your data is destroyed. Gift Aid, financial records and attendance records are kept for six years. Electoral role membership is renewed every three years. Parish Registers are kept permanently for all Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals.
Please contact the Vicar if you wish to raise a concern about our handling of your personal data.
Vicar: Revd Canon Wendy Thomson
The Vicarage, Church Lane, Chatteris, PE166JA
Tel: 01354 692173
 Details about retention periods can currently be found in the Record Management Guides located on the Church of England website at: - https://www.churchofengland.org/more/libraries-and-archives/records-management-guides
Chatteris Parish Church follows the national Guidelines for the Church of England, Safeguarding. All volunteers who work with vulnerable people are subject to a Criminal Records Check and receive regular training. Please follow this link below for information