Between 25th May - 4th June (Pentecost), communities and churches around the world are gathering together to pray that their friends, families and neighbours come to know Jesus Christ.
Prayer events of all shapes and sizes will take place across the 10 days, including 24-7 prayer rooms, prayer days, prayer walks and half nights of prayer. Cathedrals, churches and other venues will host Beacon Events, gathering people across towns and cities to worship and to pray for the empowering of the Holy Spirit for effective witness.
What's happening in Chatteris?
Christians together will pray that God's Kingdom will come in Chatteris and beyond.
- Pledge to pray - sign up for one hour or more on the 24/9 prayer grid. Resources are available to help you. The parish Church will be open the whole time for you to pray inside the church. Some may choose to pray at home. During this time, we will pray around the clock for God's Kingdom to Come in Chatteris
- Set up a prayer space in your home. If you have children, plan a daily activity to focus your prayers. Do a craft, make a prayer paper chain with names on it, light a candle or play music. Set aside time every day to pray for God's kingdom to come in Chatteris. End each time with the Lord's prayer.
- Come to the Daily Novena service every day at 6:30 pm at the church
- Get involved or else bring along a friend to the Taize service on the 3rd June
- Come to the Pentecost Praise service at the Cathedral on 4th June at 7:30 pm. Six people from Chatteris will be Confirmed and two will also be Baptized. What a wonderful way to celebrate Pentecost with others in our Diocese.
How will you take part? Will you commit to pray with us? Come along to a daily Novena service or the Taize service on Saturday 3rd June. Organize a small group to pray or set up a prayer space in your own house. Perhaps you another idea. Why not organize your own event? #justpray