Chatteris Lights is a huge event which brings people from all over Cambridgeshire to see the beauty of the town. The High Street is closed on Saturday for the street fair, including rides, food and drink. Last year over 1000 people also came into the church to see the Christmas Trees decorated by various community groups. Hot drinks, mince pies and live music make it a memorable experience for the whole family. Don't miss out. Doors open after the official switch on at 4:00 pm. Come and see the beauty of the lights and the trees.
What's on in the church?
- Over 30 trees beautifully decorated by different community groups
- A Memory Tree and a quiet area for lighting a candle in the side chapel
- Live music on the stage
- Hot Drinks squash, mince pies and toilets available
- a warm welcome & information about Christmas activities, including the Christingle service on Sunday
Guidance for community groups decorating a tree for the church
- Please use battery operated lights with fresh batteries.
- Trees can be put up on Friday between 9 am - 4 pm.
- Please place a sign next to your tree clearly stating the name of your group
- Trees may stay up until Christmas. Please arrange to remove it after Christmas.
- Contact Molly Hammerton or Alison Doulton to arrange for your tree to be included or for more information. Alison's contact details are above. Many thanks.